News & Updates
- maltzmuseum.org/events/movie-n… 17 days ago
- fb.me/1GfXVsbHL 17 days ago
- LOST TOWN will be screening at The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage on June 9th! 17 days ago
- Sold out crowds in Cleveland! fb.me/2jBcgABiF 69 days ago
- nice piece in today’s Cleveland Plain Dealer:… fb.me/GGLldAQH 73 days ago
- beautiful review of LOST TOWN!… fb.me/IfKKFsDu 75 days ago
- Tickets for Cleveland:
clevelandfilm.org/films/2013/los… fb.me/2LvScpUvY 76 days ago
- We will be screening LOST TOWN for the first time on Holocaust Memorial Day, April 7th at 7:20 at the Cleveland International Film festival. 80 days ago
- I am excited to announce the U.S premiere of LOST TOWN, my feature documentary on the town of Trochenbrod. 80 days ago
About Lost Town
'Lost Town' tells the story of one man's obsessive search to get closer to his deceased father by uncovering the story of his family's town of Trochenbrod. First made famous by Jonathan Safran Foer's 'Everything Is Illuminated', Trochenbrod was the only all-Jewish town to ever exist outside of Palestine. Trochenbrod's 5,000 Jews were obliterated by the Nazis, except for 33 townspeople who escaped the massacre there. This personal search triggers a resurgence of interest in the town and reconnects the few remaining survivors who hadn't seen each other in over 60 years.
'Lost Town' utilizes contemporary documentary footage, original animation, and survivor testimonials to tell the story of how far one will go to claim their sense of identity.
'Lost Town' was produced under fiscal sponsorship of the Foundation For Jewish Culture and supported by George Lucas’ Skywalker Studios.